Email is required
Message is required
Carboplatin Dosing Calculator
Age is Required!
AUC is Required!
SCr is Required!
Height is Required!
Weight is Required!
- CrCl is capped at 125mL/min
- SCr defaults to 0.7 IF it is lower than 0.7
- Adjusted body weight will be used for BMI ≥ 25
- BMI :
- CrCl: ML/MIN
- Adjusted Body Weight Used : ()Actual Body Weight Used: ()
NOTE: As of October 8, 2010, the U.S. FDA is recommending a cap of 125 ml/min for the creatinine clearance (regardless of whether it is calculated or measured) in carboplatin dosing
Formulas Used (Calculator will preform the necessary conversions):
- Calculation for carboplatin dose (Calvert Equation):
- Dose (mg) = Target AUC [(GFR +25)]
- Ideal Body Weight:
- 45.5 + [2.3 x (number of inches over 5ft tall)] for females
- 50 + [2.3 x (number of inches over 5ft tall)] for males
- Adjusted Body Weight:
- ((Actual Body Weight - Ideal Body Weight) x 0.40) + Ideal Body Weight
- Actual Body Weight (kg)/ Height(m)²
- If BMI <25, use actual body weight in calculation
- If BMI is ≥25, then use adjusted body weight for calculation
- Modified Cockcroft-Gault
- [(140-Age) x (Actual Body Weight)]/ (72 x SCr)
- Multiply by 0.85 if female
- The CrCl (GFR) will be capped at 125mL/min in the equation
- Any electronic tool, including those found on AigenRx.com, are not substitutes for clinical experience and expertise
- An electronic tool cannot assess the clinical picture and patient-specific factors.
- AigenRx.com assumes no liability of any kind for the information provided - all information provided should be validated by the user.
- The results you receive from this tool are for informational purposes only and should not be the basis of your medical decision making.